Right now I love beach glass jewelry.....

Do you? Sending beach glass factoids over the web.





Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Talking Trash and Turtles

I was at Bunco last night (that's why I'm tired!) and someone purchased one of my necklaces that had a pretty piece of frosted aqua beach glass.   I mentioned that it used to be an old Ball canning jar and she seemed surprised.  I told her that a lot of broken "trash" was recycled by Mother Nature into beautiful beach gems.   I thought you might be interested also..... 

This is the necklace:








Here is another photo of the necklace against the sky, and it's humble beginnings as food storage!




As you can see by the photo of the jar, there are parts of it that are deeper colored than others, I guess it's the thickness.  That's why you get such variety in the colors.  Below are some of the lighter parts of the jar; broken, frosted and waiting for glory!




When I hear the waves crashing, I know that the next day there will be treasures to be found.  Maybe I'll find an old marble, I have found a couple. 


Sometimes you find other things too.  This weekend, I walked down to our little beach and came upon a turtle in the sand.  She? looked a little startled, so I stepped off the path and continued on so she could "get away".  I'm not sure it was a female, but that is the same spot that we've found turtle eggs burried each year.  No, we don't dig them...but the Racoons do and I've seen evidence each year.  I hope somehow that part of the nest survives and baby turtles return to the water.




2 comments:

Sherri said... [Reply to comment]

Your jewelry is really pretty! That's a neat turtle story-I hope her eggs don't get robbed this year!

Chickie Bella said... [Reply to comment]

Love the green earrings in your Etsy shop! What other colors can you create?